How To Create The Perfect Valentine’s Date at Home
We share our top top tips on how to create the perfect date night at home for Valentines day. These simple ideas are easy to execute and just require a little imagination. Most of our tips evolve around food but just remember the way to a (wo)mans heart is often through food or good wine….
Start the night with a catch up over canapes
After a day at work, take a few minutes to catch up over canapes and a drink. Plump up your sofa cushions, set up a tray with your favourite tipple, a few canapes or maybe a few of your favourite chocolates.
Scatter a few rose petals and you have a romantic start to the evening.
Setting the table
Whether you’re enjoying a lovingly – made home cooked dinner or microwaveable meal for two (we really don’t judge) creating a beautiful backdrop is key. We will share a step by step on how to dress your table:
How to dress your table
- Start with the charger and plates, layers of three always looks pleasing to the eye.
- Add a personalised note hidden within your napkins and cutlery, it’ll be a romantic gesture to surprise your other half. You can add a cute message, something you’re grateful for or something silly to make them laugh.
- Candles, candles, candles. Whether you’re using tea lights, pillars or hurricane vases, add a few more than usual, forget ‘less is more’.
- Flowers – forget the idea that flower displays are just for women, who doesn’t love a beautiful display in the centre of the table? Whether you’re wanting a fresh blooming bouquet or in fact want to invest in faux, we have a stunning range of silk flowers that will last longer than the valentines period.
- Rose petals – very cliche but very effective. Go on, scatter them around your table and see if you like it.
Take a look at our dining collection here, http://bit.ly/2nNGU2R
Cake Stand of Treats
Dessert comes in many forms, whether that’s a chocolate brownie or cupcakes with pink frosting. What better than an assortment of treats on a beautiful cake stand?
With all the options of edible glitter and artisan cake toppings, it is so easy to spruce up a simple cupcake!
Set a Trail of Candles
Whether it’s a trail to your living room, to a beautifully lit dining table or in fact up the stairs to your bedroom, leaving a trail of twinkling lights can be extremely romantic. There are many different ways to
Take a look at our set of matching tealight holders below.
You may have heard of the term ‘Netflix and Chill’ referring to a romantic night in front of your favourite movie or an exciting series, cosied up with your loved one.
No one wants an uncomfortable few hours on a ridgid sofa or chair, you want to be able to sink in and relax whilst snacking on a bucket of popcorn.
Take a look at our favourite pick, the Bouton Sofa with a velvet plush texture and beautiful champagne colour.
Your Own Home Cinema
You can take it one step further and have your own home cinema build, after all, what says romance than endless ‘netflix and chill’ possibilities.
Taken from Hall View, Take a look here.
Find out more about our interior design services here.